Based on a Joint Ministerial Decision (JMD), third-country nationals will be able to obtain a residence and residence permit in Greece by investing in Greek government bonds, company shares or even deposits.
In this case, whoever chooses to invest in this category, in addition to the necessary supporting documents, must also have a recent certification, not later than two months, from the Directorate of Foreign Funds.
In more detail, the following are required for obtaining Golden Visa:
– Capital contribution, at least 400,000 euros, to a company based or established in Greece (excluding portfolio investment companies and real estate investment companies) to acquire shares in a share capital or bond increase when issuing a bond loan.
– Capital contribution, at least 400,000 euros to a Real Estate Investment Company (AEEAP) that aims to invest exclusively in Greece, to acquire shares in increase of its share capital.
– Capital contribution, at least 400,000 euros, to a Company of Capital Entrepreneurs (EKES) for the acquisition of shares or to a Mutual Fund for Entrepreneurs (AKES) to acquire shares, if the above organizations with the sole purpose of investing in Alternative Investments (OEDs) headquarters or installation in Greece.
– Purchase of Greek government bonds with a acquisition value of at least 400,000 euros and remaining balance, at the time of purchase, for at least 3 years, through a credit institution established in Greece, which is also their custodian.
– Deadline deposit of at least 400,000 euros in a domestic credit institution, with a minimum annual duration, with a permanent renewal order.
– Purchase of shares, corporate bonds or Greek government bonds worth at least 800,000 euros, which are imported for trading or traded in regulated markets or multilateral trading mechanisms operating in Greece.
– Purchase of shares worth at least 400,000 euros in mutual fund, and aims to invest exclusively in shares, corporate bonds or Greek government bonds imported for trading or traded in regulated markets or multilateral trading mechanisms operating in Greece.
– Purchase of shares or stocks worth at least 400,000 euros in an Alternative Investment Organization (OEE), which has been set up in Greece or in another Member State of the European Union and aims to invest exclusively in real estate in Greece.
It is noted that the minimum investment value for the purchase of real estate is set at 250,000 euros.
In case of investment by a legal entity, the entry and residence of third-country nationals is allowed as follows:
a) for an investment implemented by a domestic legal entity amounting to at least 400,000 euros, entry and residence in Greece is allowed to a third-country national who holds all of his corporate shares, which must be established in legal form and / or type of corporate shares.
b) for an investment implemented by a foreign legal entity, entry and residence in Greece up to 3 third-country nationals, who are its shareholders or executives, are allowed. The maximum number of entry and residence permits in Greece, depending on the amount of investment made by the legal entity, provides the following:
– at least 800,000 euros for a license, 1.6 million euros for 2 licenses and 2.4 million euros for 3 licenses.
– This amount increases to 1.6 million euros, 3.2 million euros and 4.8 million euros for 1, 2 or 3 licenses respectively in the case of purchase of shares, corporate bonds or bonds of the Greek State, which are introduced for negotiation or negotiated in regulated markets or multilateral negotiation mechanisms.